This post is brought to you by Harmons Grocery.
Summer is the best time for pie making because of the bounty nature offers: cherries, peaches . . . Oh who am I kidding? In my book there are 4 pie seasons: summer, fall, winter, and spring! So to rephrase, summer pie season is fantastic because stone fruits and berries are bedazzling our markets and just begging to be made into pies.
I was at Harmons (my favorite grocery store) recently buying stone fruit to make my summer stone fruit salad and I happened to glance over at the strawberries, which promptly beckoned me to buy them. So I heeded their siren call, brought some home and made them into a strawberry pie.
I washed and hulled them, then put half of them in a pot with some coconut sugar and tapioca and cooked them down until I had a thick jam. Then I took the fresh ones and stuck them in a baked pie crust and poured the jam over the top, then stuck the pie in the refrigerate to chill.
It’s mighty hard to beat the taste of a fresh strawberry pie made from mid-summer strawberries. Top a slice with a dollop of coconut whipped cream and you’ve got nirvana on a plate.
I want you to reach your own summer pie nirvana, so I’m giving away a Strawberry Pie Kit which I assembled at my local Harmons grocery store.
One lucky reader will win the Strawberry Pie Kit ($100 value) which includes:
- 1 Zeal Easy Store Collapsible Colander for washing strawberries
- 1 Norpro Grip EZ Pastry Blender for making the perfect pie crust
- 1 Joie Msc Strawberry Huller for quickly hulling strawberries
- 1 Tovolo Strawberry Petite Pie Mold for making the cutest individual pies
- 1 Zeal Everday Essential Silicone Basting Brush for brushing egg wash on pie crusts
- 1 Grandyway Oven Mitt Set to protect your hands and countertops from hot pies
- 1 $30 Harmons Gift Card to purchase extra fresh pie ingredients
This giveaway is open to all of my U.S. readers. Enter below and then go get your pie on!
*Disclosure: Many thanks to Harmons Grocery for sponsoring this giveaway!