Whether it be a rice cooker, entertainment, Japanese cucumber seeds, or sustainably fished albacore tuna, these are my favorite tried-and-true resources.
- Appetites App: Appetites is a new step-by-step video cooking class app for iPad that was recently named App of the Week by Apple. I’m just a little biased about this app, because I’m one of the new featured chefs demonstrating recipes! Come cook some of my favorites with me step-by-step: Purchase Appetites App on iTunes
- Bourbon Barrel Foods Bluegrass Soy Sauce: This soy sauce is micro-brewed in small batches using only whole Kentucky grown Non-GMO soybeans. It is fermented and aged in re-purposed bourbon barrels, giving it a wonderful smoky flavor with hints of oak.
- California Avocados Direct: This company ships freshly picked California avocados right to your doorstep. These avocados come from my friend Mimi’s avocado farm, and are seriously the best avocados I’ve ever eaten (and that is saying a lot, since I grew up surrounded by avocados in California)!
- i love blue sea: Amazing sustainable seafood that is fresh enough to use for sushi. I have never been disappointed with the quality of the seafood, and love knowing that I’m sustaining sustainable seafood in the process!
- Kitazawa Seed Co.: This is where I buy seeds for all of the Asian vegetables and herbs that I love, but are harder to find here in the US. Their prices are fabulous and the seed quality is always great!
- KitchenAid: I don’t know what I would do without my KitchenAid stand mixer. Not only does it work like a dream, but it saves me money because I use it to make a lot of the bread that my family eats every week. Homemade bread is MUCH cheaper than store bought. Plus KitchenAid’s customer service is fabulous.
- ManPans: This fabulous company makes my favorite cookware. Not only are their pans nonstick, but they are environmentally friendly without the traditional teflon coating, the cookware is light and incredibly sturdy, and the handles don’t get hot! Plus, the people who run the company are some of the nicest people I know.
- Marx Foods: Fabulous source for high quality ingredients, like fresh/dried mushrooms, fresh/dried chilis, and sausages! Their Dried Ancho Chilies and their Szechuan Pepper Salt are two of my favorite goodies! Marx Foods also has a fabulous blog where they give tons of tips (like how to reconstitute dried mushrooms) and recipe ideas.
- Restaurantware.com: Sustainable and disposable tableware made from bamboo and “Go-Green” plastic. Fabulous products to use at a party (and one of my favorite resources for photo props)!! LFM readers get 10% any order from restaurantware.com! Just use this coupon code at checkout: “lafujimama”
- Shun: This company makes a wide range of knives. I love their knives. They are beautifully designed, have great balance, and are worth every penny.
- Zojirushi: Zojirushi makes the best rice cookers I have ever used. I also love their bread maker and lunch jars!