Whether it be a rice cooker, entertainment, Japanese cucumber seeds, or bento gear, these are my favorite tried-and-true resources.
- Bentgo: This company makes practical solutions for packing meals on the go. I’ve been using their Bentgo Lunch Box for several years now and love it. We’ve since added Bentgo kids lunch boxes, cups, sauce containers, ice lunch chillers, and an insulated bag to our arsenal.
- Bento USA: This company imports all things related to Japanese bentos, from boxes to bags and food picks to sandwich cutters. It is my favorite source for bento accessories (other than actually going to Japan and picking them up myself, of course.)
- Bourbon Barrel Foods Bluegrass Soy Sauce: This soy sauce is micro-brewed in small batches using only whole Kentucky grown Non-GMO soybeans. It is fermented and aged in re-purposed bourbon barrels, giving it a wonderful smoky flavor with hints of oak.
- California Avocados Direct: This company ships freshly picked California avocados right to your doorstep. These avocados come from my friend Mimi’s avocado farm, and are seriously the best avocados I’ve ever eaten (and that is saying a lot, since I grew up surrounded by avocados in California)!
- Kitazawa Seed Co.: This is where I buy seeds for all of the Asian vegetables and herbs that I love, but are harder to find here in the US. Their prices are fabulous and the seed quality is always great!
- KitchenAid: I don’t know what I would do without my KitchenAid stand mixer. Not only does it work like a dream, but it saves me money because I use it to make a lot of the bread that my family eats every week. Homemade bread is MUCH cheaper than store bought. Plus KitchenAid’s customer service is fabulous.
- ManPans: This fabulous company makes my favorite cookware. Not only are their pans nonstick, but they are environmentally friendly without the traditional teflon coating, the cookware is light and incredibly sturdy, and the handles don’t get hot! Plus, the people who run the company are some of the nicest people I know.
- Restaurantware.com: Sustainable and disposable tableware made from bamboo and “Go-Green” plastic. Fabulous products to use at a party (and one of my favorite resources for photo props)!! LFM readers get 10% any order from restaurantware.com! Just use this coupon code at checkout: “lafujimama”
- Shun: This company makes a wide range of knives. I love their knives. They are beautifully designed, have great balance, and are worth every penny.
- Zojirushi: Zojirushi makes the best rice cookers I have ever used. I also love their bread maker and lunch jars!