Cheater Cheese Tamagoyaki
Makes 1 serving
1 large egg
1 teaspoon water
1 slice of Jarlsberg cheese (or any good melting cheese)
1. Beat the egg with the water in a small bowl.
2. Lightly grease a 10-inch frying pan, then heat over medium low heat.
3. Pour the egg mixture into the heated frying pan, and swirl the pan to evenly distribute the egg mixture over the bottom of the pan. Cook the egg until it has set and the edges are starting to dry.
4. Place the cheese in the center of the egg and let it melt slightly, then remove the frying pan from the heat.
5. Fold two opposite edges of the egg slightly into the center, to create straight edges. Then, starting with one of the unfolded ends of the egg, roll the egg into a roll, remove from the frying pan onto a cutting board, and let the roll cool completely.
6. Once the roll has cooled, cut into fourths and serve, or pack into a bento.