Fig, Brie, & Prosciutto Tarts
Makes 4 tarts
1 sheet puff pastry (about 8.7 ounces)
4 ounces brie cheese
4 figs, sliced into 1/4-inch thick slices
1 ounce prosciutto, cut into 2-inch long pieces
1. Thaw the puff pastry sheet as directed on the package. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease a baking sheet or line with parchment paper.
2. When the puff pastry sheet has thawed, cut it into quarters. With a fork, prick the center of the puff pastry squares thoroughly with a fork.
3. Dot each square with small pieces of brie cheese. Lay the fig slices on top of the cheese, then lay several slices of prosciutto on top of everything.
4. Bake the tarts for 15 to 20 minutes until the pastry is golden brown. Serve.
* Variations: Use goat cheese instead of brie. Add fresh herbs. Drizzle the tarts with honey.