Fuji Nana’s Black Bottom Cupcakes
Makes 30 cupcakes
1 chocolate cake mix (I prefer to use a Devil’s Food cake mix)
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese
1 egg, beaten slightly
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line cupcake tins with paper baking cups and spray lightly over top with cooking spray.
2. Mix chocolate cake mix according to package directions. Pour the batter into the prepared cupcake cups.
3. Combine cream cheese, egg, and sugar and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Drop 1 rounded teaspoon full of mixture onto center of each cupcake.
5. Bake for 23-28 minutes. DON’T OVERBAKE!!
Cream Cheese Icing
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1-pound box powdered sugar, sifted
1 tsp. vanilla
1. Blend together until smooth and then use to frost fully cooled cupcakes.