Goat Cheese & Tomato Bacon Chutney Stuffed Potatoes
Makes 8 servings
8 medium Klondike Goldust potatoes (or other yellow-fleshed potatoes), scrubbed but not peeled
1/4 cup olive oil
1 cup Tomato Bacon Chutney
1/2 cup shredded smoked goat milk cheddar cheese (or cheese of your choice)
Bake the Potatoes:
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2. Prick the potatoes 8 to 12 times all over with the tines of a fork, and then rub the potatoes all over with the olive oil. Place the potatoes on the lined baking sheet and season them generously with salt and pepper.
3. Put the potatoes into the preheated oven and let them cook for 50 to 60 minutes. After 25 minutes of cooking time, flip the potatoes over and return to the oven. After 50 minutes of cooking time, check them for doneness by piercing them with a bamboo skewer. If the skewer easily pierces the potato to the middle, then the potatoes are done. Cook for additional time as needed. Remove the potatoes from the oven.
Stuff & Bake the Potatoes:
1. Use a fork to pierce a dotted line down the center, lengthwise, of each potato, then carefully crack each potato open by squeezing the ends towards one another, being careful to watch out for escaping hot steam.
2. Carefully spoon 2 tablespoons of Tomato Bacon Chutney into the center of each potato, then top with 1 tablespoon of shredded Smoked Goat Cheddar Cheese. Return the potatoes to the oven for 5 to 10 minutes, and remove when the cheese is melted and starting to brown. Remove the potatoes from the oven and serve!