Japanese Steamed Egg Buns (Mushi Pan)
Makes 8 buns
2 eggs, beaten
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
3 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
2 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1. Preheat a steamer filled with water on high heat.
2. Whisk together the beaten eggs, sugar, sweetened condensed milk, milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract in a medium-size bowl until smooth.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder. Fold the flour mixture into the egg mixture, just until incorporated.
4. Fill 8 silicone muffin cups (or 8 small ramekins lined with paper muffin liners) with the batter.
5. Place the cups in the steamer and cover. Steam over high heat for 15 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into one of the buns comes out clean.