Little Bo Bakes Peanut Butter Cookies
Makes 30 cookies
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar, packed
2 large eggs
1 cup butter
1 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/4 teaspoon salt
granulated sugar, for rolling the dough balls
30 Hershey’s mini chocolate bars or Hershey’s kisses, unwrapped
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
1. Cream together the granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and butter. Add the peanut butter, milk, and vanilla.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt and then add to the sugar mixture. Mix well.
3. Shape the dough into 2 inch balls and then roll the balls in the granulated sugar. Make a criss-cross pattern on each dough ball by pressing a fork into the dough and slightly flattening the ball.
4. Bake the cookies on un-greased baking sheets for 10 — 12 minutes, or until they are a very pale gold color. Remove the cookies from the baking sheets onto a cooling rack. Gently press a mini chocolate bar or Hershey’s kiss into the center of each cookie as soon as they are moved to the cooling rack. Cool.