Roasted Parsnip “Fries” with Curry Salt
Makes about 4 servings
For the roasted parsnips:
1 1/2 pounds parsnips
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the curry salt:
2 1/2 teaspoons fleur de sel
1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Peel and cut the parsnips into sticks (about 3-inches long). Toss the sticks with the olive oil, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
3. Spread the sticks in a roasting pan and roast in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until tender and golden at the edges.
4. Make the curry salt: Mix the fleur de sel and curry powder together.
5. Sprinkle the roasted parsnip “fries” with curry salt, to taste.