Roasted Squash With a Pomegranate Reduction, Pistachios, & Pomegranate Arils
Makes 3 — 4 servings
9-inch Delicata Squash
8 ounces pomegranate juice
1 tablespoon honey
1/8 teaspoon table salt
4 teaspoons dry roasted and salted pistachio nuts
4 teaspoons fresh pomegranate arils
1. Prepare the squash: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Wash the outside of the squash, then cut it in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds. Place the squash cut side down in a baking dish with 1/2-inch of water. Cover the baking dish with tin foil and bake in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the squash is fork tender.
2. Prepare the pomegranate reduction: Bring the pomegranate juice, honey, and salt to a boil in a 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer the mixture until has reduced by half, about 20 to 30 minutes.
3. Assemble the dish: Cut the squash into slices and place on a plate. Drizzle with the pomegranate reduction, then sprinkle with pistachios and pomegranate arils. Serve.
* Add a sliced apple to the baking dish with the squash.
* Add crumbled goat cheese before serving.