Super Bowl Chocolate Crunchie Munchies
Adapted from Dorie Greenspan’s recipe
Makes 2 – 3 dozen pieces (depending on how big you make them!)
1/2 cup roasted and salted cashews
1/2 cup craisins (dried cranberries)
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1 cup crispy rice cereal
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips or 6 ounces finely chopped semi- or bittersweet chocolate
1. Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
2. Finely chop the cashews. Put the cashews, craisins, coconut, and crispy rice cereal into a medium size bowl and gently mix everything together with a wooden spoon.
3. Gently melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler or in a microwave oven on low power. Pour the melted chocolate over the ingredients in the bowl and stir with a wooden spoon until all of the ingredients are evenly coated.
4. Drop small spoonfuls of the candy mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
3) Drop mounds of the candy mixture into paper petit-four cups or onto a sheet of wax paper. (I use a 2-teaspoon cookie scoop to do this, but you can divide the candy by heaping teaspoonfuls.) Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.