Sweet & Spicy Deviled Eggs
Makes 12 pieces
* Recipe notes: If you are transporting your deviled eggs, make the filling and take it with you, then fill them when you arrive. They will be much prettier!
6 large eggs
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 tablespoons Thai sweet chili sauce
1/4 teaspoon salt
Chives, thinly sliced, to garnish
1. Place the eggs in a single layer in a saucepan and cover the eggs with cold water. Heat the saucepan over high heat until the water begins to boil, then cover the saucepan, turn off the heat, and let the eggs sit for 14 minutes. Then rinse the eggs under cold running water for 1 minute.
2. Carefully peel the eggs under cool running water, then gently dry them with paper towels. Slice the eggs in half lengthwise, remove the egg yolks and put them in a medium-size bowl. Put the egg whites on a serving platter.
3. Mash the yolks with a fork. (Push the yolks through a fine wire sieve if you want your mixture to be smooth.) Add the mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce, and salt, and mix until smooth and incorporated.
4. Spoon the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a star tip, then pipe the mixture into the depressions in the egg whites. Garnish with sliced chives.