Reachel Bagley’s Vegetable Quinoa Lasagna
Recipe from Reachel Bagley
Makes 8 to 10 servings
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 head broccoli, sliced into small florets
3 medium carrots, grated
1 medium zucchini/yellow squash, diced
24 ounces marinara sauce
1 cup cooked quinoa (1/2 cup uncooked)
9 ounces oven ready lasagna noodles
6 ounces whipped cream cheese
8 ounces pesto
1 1/2 cups Mozzarella, shredded
1 cup parmesan, shredded.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook for a minute, then add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
3. Add the broccoli and sauté for a minute, then add the grated carrots and sauté until tender. Finally, add the squash and sauté until tender.
4. To assemble, spread a little of the marinara sauce in a 9”x13” lasagna pan. Spoon the veggie blend over the marinara. Layer cooked quinoa over the vegetables.
5. Layer four of the lasagna noodles over the quinoa layer, overlapping the noodles as needed. Spread some of the whipped cream cheese over the noodles, and then pesto over the cream cheese. Sprinkle mozzarella and parmesan over the pesto and cream cheese.
6. Repeat the layering one to two more times to use up the ingredients, ending with a generous sprinkling of Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
7. Cover the pan in foil, then bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, then remove the foil and broil for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove the lasagna from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.