Weelicious Stuff Pizza Rolls
Reprinted with permission from Weelicious Lunches, by Catherine McCord
Makes 10 rolls
1 pound prepared pizza dough, at room temperature
3/4 cup pizza sauce
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup chopped broccoli (or your favorite topping)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and grease 10 muffin cups with olive oil.
2. Roll out the pizza dough to 1/4 inch thick, making a 10 x 20-inch rectangle.
3. Spread the marinara sauce in a thin layer across the surface of the dough. Sprinkle with the cheese and broccoli (or your favorite topping).
4. Roll up the dough lengthwise to form a 20-inch log and pinch the seam together.
5. Slice the log into 2-inch pieces.
6. Place the pizza rolls in the muffin cups and pat down slightly. (You can also place the rolls directly on a baking sheet—they’ll hold together.)
7. Bake for 25 minutes (20 minutes if using a baking sheet), or until golden and bubbly and the center of the dough is cooked through.
8. Immediately remove to a cooling rack to cool, and serve.