Fuji Nana’s White Chocolate, Orange, & Raspberry Pie
Makes 1 9-inch pie
1 round of pie crust dough, for a single-crust pie
For the filling:
2/3 cup white chocolate chips
3 tablespoons milk
5 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
2–3 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
1 cup whipping cream, whipped
For the topping:
1/2–1 cup fresh raspberries (depending on how many berries you want to use)
1/4 cup white chocolate chips
1–2 teaspoons shortening
1. Prepare the pie crust: Fit one round of pie crust dough into a pie plate/pie pan. Drape extra pie crust over the sides, and trim it so that you have about 1 inch extra all around the rim, then crimp the edges decoratively. Prick the inside of the pie crust all over with a fork, then bake in a 450 degree oven for 12 minutes. Cool completely.
2. Prepare the filling: Microwave the 2/3 cup of white chocolate chips and milk, stirring frequently until melted. Cool to room temperature.
3. Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and orange peel with mixer on low speed until smooth. Beat in white chocolate mixture. Fold in whipped cream. Spread into pie crust. Arrange raspberries on top of filling.
4. Prepare the topping: Melt the 1/4 cup of white chocolate chips and shortening; drizzle over pie.
5. Refrigerate two hours until set.