The pie is a cinch and is quick to whip up and smells amazing when it’s baking.
I highly recommend having someone else around when the pie comes out of the oven so you don’t end up like me, justifying “just one more bite in honor of Ms. Wakefield” about a thousand times.
Think gooey chocolate chip cookie in pie form. Yum.
Nestle Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
Recipe from Nestle Classic Recipes, 2003
1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell*
2 large eggs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup (6 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 cup chopped pecans
Serve with ice cream (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Beat eggs in large mixer bowl on high until foamy.
3. Beat in flour, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Beat in butter.
4. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts and spoon into pie shell.
5. Bake for 55-60 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Serve warm.
* If using frozen pie shell, use deep dish style and thaw completely. Bake on baking sheet and increase baking time slightly.